Defending Side Control
James Brasco (World No-Gi Champ & BJJ Black Belt) shows a simple, easy to use technique to keep your opponent from getting a tight side-control on you.
This will help you to use your other escapes to get out from under your opponent to a dominant position.
- • Your opponent’s arm under your neck makes escaping more difficult.
- • Your opponent could even choke you there.
- • It’s best to prevent your opponent from getting his arm under your neck to begin with.
- • Putting your hand to your forehead prevents him from getting his arm tight under your neck.
- • That allows you to do your other side control escapes.